For or Against “Obamacare”, We Can Help You Motivate Your Base Constituents
The tension and excitement in the air are palpable this morning after the supreme court’s decision to uphold what many call “Obamacare”. President Obama’s landmark health care reform bill has a number of stipulations.
Among the most discussed:
- Everyone must buy health insurance
- Insurance companies may not deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions
- Children up to age 26 may stay on their parent’s health care plan
- Companies with more than 50 employees must offer health coverage
Whether or not you agree with the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the law, Healthcare is bound to be an important issue in the November presidential election.
Catawba College professor and Party Line columnist, Michael Bitzer notes that in most elections, independents and moderates hold the key votes. This may not be the case this time around. ” It’s going to be a battle between two bases,” Bitzer says. Candidates will need to energize their base supporters and keep momentum going into November.
If you are responsible for motivating a base or supports for a candidate or cause, here are a few ideas for to try with your constituents:
- Utilize a full service Contact Center so that you can reach constituents in the channel of their choice.
- Be Social. You can’t ignore social media! Make sure you have at least one person dedicated to managing your ‘online persona’.
- You’ve got mail. Send emails and direct mail pieces.
Request more info today
Tell us about your program and we'll get back to you ASAP.