GCS is a Finalist for this year’s BBB Torch Award for Ethics
GCS is honored to be a finalist for this year’s BBB Torch Award for Business Ethics. Congratulations to IFB and Frank Myers Auto Maxx for taking top honors. We love a challenge to improve. The full BBB Press Release is reprinted below.
Two Winston-Salem companies win ethics award from
BBB Education Foundation of Central & Northwest NC
May 18, 2021 – Greensboro, NC – Better Business Bureau (BBB) congratulates two Winston-Salem businesses for winning a 2021 Torch Awards for Ethics:
– IFB Solutions – Winston-Salem
– Frank Myers Auto Maxx – Winston-Salem
The Torch Awards for Ethics is the most prestigious honor BBB can present to a business. Being a recipient indicates the business not only believes in the high standards of honesty, integrity and transparency promoted by BBB, but also consistently acts on these standards and continuously integrates them into its daily practices.
“The Torch Awards for Ethics is not a popularity contest. An independent panel of judges reviews each nominee and evaluates the company’s demonstrated commitment to business practices that build trust with employees, customers and vendors in the marketplace. The winners exemplify TRUST in the community,” said Brad Huffstetler, Executive Director of the BBB Education Foundation of Central & Northwest NC.
A three-judge panel evaluated the businesses on four criteria to determine which ones best exemplify TRUST in the community. The criteria are:
- Character: As CEO, President, Owner or Executive Director your leadership character sets the tone for your entire organization. As a leader, explain how you behave intentionally and communicate with your leadership team, employees, customers and stakeholders in a way that is consistent with your beliefs.
- Culture: Illustrate how your organization works toward a culture of trust through clarity of purpose, empowering employees and opportunities for growth.
- Customers: Give examples of internal practices your organization uses to build better customer relationships.
- Community: Display organizational programs, contribution and activities that return value to and support your community.
In choosing IFB Solutions as a 2021 Torch Award winner, one judge wrote, “It was refreshing to read about the “Contagious Character” IFB Solutions has been able to maintain over the last 85 years. Their meetings begin with the needs and recognition of their staff before any discussion of spreadsheets. They remind themselves of their mission before they speak about money, and they focus on their advocacy efforts before any other item on their agenda. These employee and community focused efforts solidified my vote for IFB Solutions.”
Judges picked Frank Myers Auto Maxx as a winner for their commitment to ethics. One judge wrote, “Frank Myers ethical-conduct class for employees and its step-by-step guidelines for ethical customer service offer car-buyers a hassle-free experience.”
The finalists up this year are:
• Trinity Solutions, Inc. – High Point
• Go-Forth Pest Control – Greensboro
• Global Contact Services – Salisbury
• Brod Disability Law – Greensboro
• Pat’s Body Shop – Winston Salem
• Xterior, LLC – High Point
• Xtern Software – Greensboro
• The Vineyard Camp and Retreat Center, Inc.- Westfield
The two winning businesses can now compete in the International Torch Awards for Ethics.
Media contact: Lechelle Yates – Director of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT BBB: For more than 100 years, Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. In 2019, people turned to BBB more than 132 million times for BBB Business Reviews on more than 4.5 million businesses and Charity Reports on 11,000 charities, all available for free at bbb.org. BBB of Central & Northwest NC serves 19 counties. This office is one of 108 local, independent BBBs across North America.
Request more info today
Tell us about your program and we'll get back to you ASAP.